People's Dialogue(PD) is a Community-Based Non-Governmental Organization established in 2003. PD's aim is to work with the urban poor in Ghana to alleviate poverty and improve their living conditions as well as explore alternative solutions to forced avictions through negotiation and dialogue.
PD works in parnership with Slum/Shack Dwellers International(SDI) and in alliance with the Ghana Federation of the Urban Poor(GHAFUP), a network of of community-based organisations participating in community-led savings and loans schemes for land, housing, insfrastructure development and livelihood improvement.
PD was registered as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) in 2003 by the Department of Social Welfare. Our registration number is D.S.W 2461.
Working to create a world where everyone, living everywhere, will have safe, secure, decent housing and improved living conditions.
To improve the quality of life of slum dwellers and the urban poor, and to increase their participation in the provision of urban infrastructure and services through the provision of professional, technical and strategic support.
To facilitate processes that promotes the development of collaborative pro-poor strategies to urban governance, infrastructure provision and development.
- Mobilize and build a well organised, capable and recognised federation of the urban poor in Ghana with the capacity to consolidate and use resources to create new development options.
- Create partnerships between poor communities and local authorities, policy makers and Governments for shelter improvements and poverty reduction.
- Provide technical, professional, administrative and financial support to the organisation of the urban poor in their interactions with formal institutions.
- Research into issues of urban poverty and human settlement improvements.
- To contribute to the realisation of Goal 7, Target 11 of the UN Millennium Development Goals: “Improving the lives of at least 100 million slum dwellers by 2020.
Core operational areas
Climate change, micro-credit, HIV-AIDS
PEOPLE'S DIALOGUE ON HUMAN SETTLEMENTS (PDHS)
10 Harmattan Avenue, Lartebiokorshie,
Box AC 493, Accra.
Phone number: +233-21-678549
Fax number: +233-21-678549